14 November 2011

I Ask You These Questions

Because my poor little mind can't focus on one thing at a time, I'm already thinking of beyond the book I'm going to finish next month {it still doesn't have a definitive title}.

I'm wondering what my readers would like to, well... read.

What subjects do you like to read about?
What do you tend to stay away from?

I write Young Adult fiction {at least that I care about publishing at the moment}, and I tend toward "realistic" fiction. While I like to read fantasy, I used to love vampires until Twilight ruined the whole thing. {Okay and probably some stuff before that.} But, I also like to write about "tougher" subjects.

This first book deals with drug use, identity, and death, but they don't all have to be that heavy. This is definitely one of the deepest, most emotional stories I've ever worked on.

Right now, I'm reading a book called Willow by Julia Hoban. It deals with cutting. Being a cutter myself {been "clean" almost three years!}, I find it deeply unsatisfying. I'm not saying I could write it better, but I could make Willow, the main character, more "real".

Anyway, getting back on track {see, this is how my mind dysfunctions...}, I ask you these questions again:


What subjects do you like to read about?
What do you tend to stay away from?

No comments:

Post a Comment